This hotel that was first known as the Sherman Hotel and then later the Hotel Dixie-Sherman was built in 1925 by local businessman W. C. Sherman. Rising to an impressive nine stories, the hotel commanded almost the entire block between Fifth and Sixth Streets and between Jenks and Grace Avenues.
The Dixie-Sherman was built of white stucco with red tile mansard roofs that matched the Spanish Colonial Revival design of the City Hall. Wrought iron details and an arched arcade for shoppers and strollers were other architectural features of the building. A semicircular patio graced the entrance to the hotel and palms and shrubs were part of the landscaped grounds in front of the hotel.
In 1970, the Dixie-Sherman was given its final celebration when it was imploded by dynamite charges, one of the first buildings in the U.S. to be so demolished.
Unframed Print Size: 12"x17" FREE SHIPPING USA
Prices are tax excluded